Back to top

UK Landbridge: Movements for on-growing, relaying, depuration

15 Dec 2020

Animal Health requirements for movements of live bivalve molluscs to continental Europe through the UK Landbridge for on-growing, relaying, or depuration

Marine Institute notification and TRACES Classic certificate

  1. The operator/or agent notifies the Marine Institute of the movement at least three days in advance of the intended movement date. Notifications should be made via our online movement-application system. Operators can register to use the online application by emailing  
  2. The Marine institute completes an Intra-EU trade certificate electronically on TRACES classic on behalf of the operator or agent.
  3. The Marine Institute sends a copy of the Intra-EU trade certificate by e mail to the operator or agent. This certificate should accompany the consignment during the journey.

Health Certificate for UK Authority

  1. The UK Authorities have indicated that health certification is required for live shellfish transiting the Landbridge. However, at the time of writing the full requirements for health certification by the UK authorities remain uncertain and may be subject to change.
  2. Following notification of the intended movement the Marine Institute will post a signed and stamped health certificate to the operator or agent. Alternative arrangements for collecting the health certificate may also be made. This health certificate is required by the UK authorities and must accompany the consignment during transit.

Requirements for Entry into France

  1. For entry in to France a Common Health Entry Document for Animals (CHED-A) will need to be completed electronically on TRACES NT. This can be completed by the operator, agent or importer. The Intra-EU certificate reference number (e.g. INTRA.IE.2021.0123456) is required to be entered into the CHED-A form. The Marine Institute has no role to play in CHED-A notification on TRACES NT.    

Further information on the use of TRACES NT can be found on the website at

For further information contact